Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Little Knitting to Keep You Warm

Here I am! I know I promised to be back right after the holidays, it just took me a little longer to recover from both work, holiday making, and celebrating. Also, it's been a little stressful around here with some unexpected issues. So, honestly Hayden and I have kind of just been really taking some quiet time to recharge and regroup. 

(As for the stress, if you have read this blog long enough, you know that I have a tendency to FREAK OUT OMG OMG as soon as any crisis rears it's head, and then I feel all silly when it works itself out, even if it seems like it won't. So, I already FREAKED OUT, and now I am going to give it a couple of weeks to work itself out before I go any further down the crazy path, ha.)

Anyhoo, one of the fun things about post-holidays is that I can start sharing the Xmas presents I made for everyone. First up is my knitted gift for my BFF John. He lives back home in NY, where it is cold cold cold. He needed something to keep his precious little head warm. So I knit him a little something to help him out :)

A hat:


And a matching scarf:


The pattern I used is Christian's Scarf and the matching Christian's Hat. The yarn used used is Debbie Stoller's Knit Nation Washable Ewe in Earth, a 100% wool yarn so it's super warm. It's a deeper brown than the pictures show. It was a simple knit, just your basic purl and knit stitches repeated to make the ribbed boxes. 

Doesn't he look happy?

I do have more post-holiday gift posts coming, but I am still waiting for my mother to open all her gifts so I can post pics. Now that she is on the internet, I can just show everything I make her now. But the candles, some embroidery, another knitting project, and some 2013 & 2014 Project Life posts are coming. And, of course the 2014 Goals post that every blogger does, I am still solidifying all of that in my mind. 

I hope everyone had an awesome holiday, we definitely did. And I hope you are starting the new year rested and ready to see what the next 12 months bring. Who knows what will happen!!


2 comments:

  1. The hat and scarf look great, Sue! You are a very skilled knitter. It looks like John enjoys his gifts. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, trust me to looks a lot more complicated than it was. Knitting is very easy to learn. I also hope you guys had an awesome holiday as well! :)

      Delete

*Holding out piggy bank* I would love to get your $0.02!